Business problemAs an institution granting subsidies for pro-ecological activities, The National Fund for Environmental Protection and Water Management (NFOŚiGW), used to handle large numbers of multi-page applications submitted by beneficiaries in paper form. This kind of service decreased the operating efficiency of individual departments and lengthened the application processing time. In order to optimize and standardize the application handling and communication processes between departments, and as a result increase the efficiency of the entire organization, the Management Board of NFOŚGW decided to have a custom IT system implemented in the Fund.
3Soft delivered and implemented the Subsidy Application Generator system, which, following the Client’s expectations, was further modified at the implementation stage. This is a tool allowing the preparation of applications for project subsidies from national funds and submitting them at NFOŚiGW.
The Subsidy Application Generator allows the following:
- filling in applications online
- submitting applications to NFOŚiGW through the ePUAP platform
- signing applications with a qualified signature and carrying out signature verification
- evaluation of the applications by NFOŚiGW staff
- archiving and sharing applications in a single system.
- monitoring the progress of application processing.
The Subsidy Application Generator consists of two main subsystems:
- form editor – a tool that allows NFOŚiGW staff to create and post forms to be filled in by applicants online
- web application which enables applicants to fill in, approve and submit forms electronically to NFOŚiGW and which allows NFOŚiGW staff to perform a substantive appraisal of the application.
Solution from the IT perspective
The following IT technologies were used to implement the solution: MVC .NET 3.0, Entity Framework 4.0, WCF, JavaFX . The system uses the SQL Server 2008 R2 database.
The Subsidy Generator application has been integrated with the ePUAP platform, the Local IT System of the Fund, the Electronic Document Repository and ActiveDirectory.
Increased number of considered applications
Enhancing the image of NFOŚiGW as a customer-friendly institution by providing the possibility of online application
More efficient organization of work
Improved perception of the Fund by Applicants thanks to the standardization of forms used in individual competitions